M6394: A New Dress

Remember my last post. A very sad post. I was hurting a little. The plaid dress came out very big in the shoulders and all over was just not right. I thought I was done.

A couple of hours went by and I realized I wasn’t done. I wasn’t gonna let a pattern- a piece of very thin tissue paper- run me over like that. I tried it again.

I took some of the advice I read on Pattern Review and it really did help.

I didn’t add enough to the bust but at least I’m not swimming in this new dress. Also, I finally get to wear this fabric I used for the skirt. I repurposed it from a dress I made a year ago. I also had problems with the sleeves a year ago.

I think this means I need to challenge myself to making lots of dresses with sleeves this next year. My self imposed challenge. Here are some photos. I know I can do better but this is an improvement.

Here are also my two reviews of this same pattern on Pattern Review: click here for Reviews.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I really need a tripod. I’m getting sick of my mirror shots.

One thought on “M6394: A New Dress

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s