Calling all (worldwide) graphic designers! The Sewcialists are seeking emblem designs for our budding community of sewing aficionados.
Who are the Sewcialists?
Sewcialists are those who sew and chat about sewing, fabric stashes, etc on social media.
What are we looking for? We are looking for a design that:
- Relates to sewing and the social nature of sewcialists
- Is modern, simple, recognizable and memorable
- Is useable in black & white as well as in color
What will the winner win?
- A 1 year subscription to Make magazine
- A $100 cash prize. The cash prize of one hundred US currency will be paid through PayPal only. All you need is an email.
- A custom ipad sleeve
We are proud to have MAKE as our official competition sponsor! They’re the ones giving the winner the subscription.
Deadline for submissions is April 20th. Submit to jury [at] sewcialists [dot] org
We have a sewcialists jury of 10 who will be blogging about this contest. Check out the jury list at sewcialists.org.
April 24 until May 8: The jury members will open up general voting on the designs that made it to the final round.
- Voting will happen via comments on the jury blog posts
- Every sewcialist has one vote per jury-blog
- One person can vote multiple times (as long as it’s on different jury-blogs) on different designs, or on the same design.
Any questions? Please let me know! Feel free to share this contest with your friends. It’s open to all. The fine print can be found at sewcialists.org.