Switching Gears and Joining the Stash Busting

I had all these plans for going to cons and having costumes made and ready and then I had life slap me in the face in a major way. Health was one of the slaps so I have to slow down. I won’t stop sewing and honestly I don’t think I’ll be sewing any less. I highly overestimate how much I get done in a day.

I’m also joining the big Stashbusting Sewalong. I haven’t pledged anything but I’m in the mindset and I’m doing it. Though, honestly, you’ve heard me say that before. What ever happened to my Edwardian gown? Yeah, I’ve got projects lined up and I’ve got fabric to make stuff so I need to bust my stash.

I still want to show you my petticoat in it’s great splendor and my Pavlova outfit. All in good time. And I’m still doing the SwimAlong- a sewalong for swimwear coming in May and June, so stay tuned for that. You know I’m going to be talking about getting a great fitting bathing suit. You know it.

In the meantime, what are you sewing?

11 thoughts on “Switching Gears and Joining the Stash Busting

1. Heather Bee (@KnitNBee) says:

The stashbusting sewalong has been really fun. Probably cause there’s a loose structure and you can still sew according to your whims. I enjoy checking out the flickr group and seeing new projects pop up all the time. You’ll probably like it too 🙂

Thank you. I think I’m going to dive in, pick one thing and find something to make with it instead of what I’ve been doing which is “ooh pretty pattern”….click, fabric purchased.

I finally got a decent dye color that I like on some of the linen in my stash – that Easter dress I’ve been wanting to make for at least 6 years might actually happen this year! I had a coworker help me fit the mockup yesterday and started altering the pattern to match today. =)

3. chuleenan says:

I hope you’re feeling better!

I never thought of sewing my own swimwear. I look forward to seeing your sewalong!

I’m still finishing up the handsewn top for the photog who shot my dress for the sewing contest. I just have to attach the hand pleatwd ruffle to the neckline. Basted it on last night but cdn’t concentrate enough to get going on the hand sewing. Ripped out stitches twice and then decided to call it a night. Then I want to make a cotton voile top from Christine Haynes pattern – Sassy Librarian – from her Craftsy class.

• chuleenan says:

Thx!! Gave the top to photog yesterday. She loves it and emailed that it fit perfectly (whew!) – the benefits of knit jersey.

Good luck w/yr stash busting!

That must have been a great email to get…that it fit perfectly! yay!

And thank you. I bought a yard remnant today, completely forgetting that I wasn’t going to buy fabric. haha