WIWT: Pink Pavlova Top

I thought you’d be curious how I wear my Pink Pavlova top so I had this pic taken of what I’m wearing today.

The skirt was store bought from several years ago and it does sit at my natural waist so there is no gap between the wrap top and my waiatband.

I have worn the wrap top with pants that sit lower and while I still like the look, I do find my skin peeking out every once in a while. I just have to tie it lower and looser.

Of course, you can lengthen the wrap top. I think it would work lengthened in my closet. Adding it to the to do list.

What do you think of the wrap now that my crinoline is off?

19 thoughts on “WIWT: Pink Pavlova Top

1. Gjeometry says:

It’s gorgeous, you look so girly in it! Very nice. I just saw Steph’s version in the sheer linen (I didn’t even know linen came in sheer) and it’s also so pretty.

Thanks! It’s definitely girly even without the pink circle skirt and heels. Steph’s blog posts on fabric are teaching me so so much! I didn’t know about sheer linen, either.

2. Heather says:

I like the more everyday look, and I really want to steal your cardigan! lol I’m still figuring out what I can wear my Pavlova with, but based on the fact that I keep trying things prooves just how much I love this top. 🙂 But yeah, next time (and there will be a next time) I’ll try this out a bit longer. And snugger.

Yeah, I think I might go for a snugger fit on the next pavlova top. I do like it drapey but I forgot to cut the back smaller so the side seam creeps up to the front when I go to tie it. It’s probably just my body. I do a small back on everything I make.

I’ll hold on to my cardi. 🙂

Another great way for you to wear your top! I love it when you can use one piece to have a basic look one day and a more costumey look another. =)

4. SewLittleTime says:

i likey! i did a fair bit of lengthening on both of my tops (like 4″) and wore one yesterday with highish waisted jeans. when tied loosely it really works! i have pics so need to get around to blog post.