Swimwear Inspiration: Geek Out!

In researching geeky swimwear, most of what I saw didn’t appeal to me. I’m not into wearing a bikini and I want to make it myself so the suits that have a specific print on them aren’t gonna work for me.

Sadly, this Tetris suit will never be mine. Nor will the game controller suit I found. The buttons were on the lower half of the body and, well, I don’t think I could wear the suit without giggling all the time. What’s the difference between that and me normally? Yeah, not much.

But, what about playing around with a Wonder Woman theme? I know this one is meant for a kid but I like the whole suit. I can even see it as a grown-up suit.

But, really, this next Wonder Woman suit is adorable and I would totally wear it.

For sale on Etsy by meshalo

I’ve never painted fabric but I’ve always wanted to and this Tardis swimsuit makes me want to even more. This woman is amazing.

Click on the image for original source

If you’re going for something inspired by a superhero or a game character, you can take their colors and colorblock your suit. All you’d need to remember is to keep track of which suit pieces need seam allowances and which pieces are which colors.

What kind of geek/nerd/hobbiest/misanthrope are you? Can you imagine the great conversations you could get into when going to the beach or pool wearing your nerdy swimwear?

Anyone have any geeky ideas you’re ready to try out?

UPDATE: How could I forget Kitschy Coo’s Wonder Woman suit? You rock woman!!

20 thoughts on “Swimwear Inspiration: Geek Out!

1. niekemieke says:

Those swimsuits are so cool! I can’t decides which one I like most. Too bad I don’t like swimming and I’m allergic to sea water but maybe I could turn the first Wonder Woman costume into a Pyjama/jumper πŸ™‚

2. niekemieke says:

I absolutely love these swimsuits! I can’t decide which one I like best. You would look so cool in them! Too bad I don’t get much use for swimwear as I don’t like chlorine in pools and I’m allergic to sea water. But I might just use the first Wonder Woman outfit to make a cute little pajamas!

3. CGCouture says:

I want that Tetris suit!!! And I’d absolutely rock the sexy wonderwoman suit if I had her body to go with it. As it is, I need swimwear with lots of built-in shapewear…are ya’ll planning to do something on how to do that?

• CGCouture says:

That would be good too, but no. I’m talking like spanx-esque tummy control–so I don’t jiggle as much. πŸ™‚ I’ve got a cute swimsuit now that has really cute ruching and a “tummy control panel”, but it just barely covers my bewbs, so I don’t feel comfortable wearing it. But I’d love to copy it with a bit more room for the girls. I can send you a picture of it if you’d like, it’s very “retro” cute. πŸ™‚

that has to be my FAVORITE Serenity tee ever. I’ve seen all the ones come up on teefury and other t-shirt places and they just haven’t spoken to me like this one. I wonder how we could make this?

• Susan says:

If I could get my hands on a good file of the image, I’d happily embroider it, even though it would take me forever. It’s not on Spoonflower, that I could see. I’ve never really done textile-creation stuff like this so my ideas are limited!

4. Gjeometry says:

Lol, these are hysterical!! I can’t say I’d wear any of them, but I like looking at them! Where do I get the ‘badge’ for Swimalong 2013? And, is there a ‘rule’ page? Or just the flicker group? Thanks!