Tags

, , ,

image

image

image

image

image

I finished the boy’s blazer. We switched from the poly wool version to this silk/hemp one after he tried on my byhandLondon blazer and loved the fabric.

The cut is really boxy and my boy is rather slender. I took out way too much for the wool version I started and for this one I left all the width but made it a size longer. Not complaining about the Blank Slate Basic Blazer. More like I was lazy and the boy was really eager to have a new blazer.

I finished the whole thing by machine for speed sake. I created a back stay and interfaced the fronts as well as the facings with knit interfacing from Fashion Sewing Supply. I wanted the blazer to be slouchy but still have some added stability.

Construction wise, I sandwiched the collar between the outer and lining layers, attached the sleeves at the wrist and then came in from the blazer hem, still open, and attached the sleeve heads to the body of the lining. I did a French hem via the opening I left in the body of the lining and then closed it up.

I’d like to find another pattern (or maybe this is the point where I just draft one) for the boy. Suggestions are welcome. The blazer isn’t perfect but he’s happy with it.

Next up, a jacket for moi.

Advertisements